Thursday, September 15, 2011

Check out the pics of my pretty gourds! PERfect for Fall decorating!

I know I said in a previous post that I was going to try to post some pics of the gourds I have growing and Blogger wouldn't let me...let's give that a go again.

this one was about 2 1/2 inches big when picked!

This 'bird house' gourd still isn't ready for picking!

This was about 3 inches big when picked!

It turns out that i have about 3  or 4 of the 'bird house' gourds growing and getting huge, just like they're suppose to.  I think I'll give those to my elderly neighbor across the street when they get picked.  He loves making bird houses out of them, plus, I don't know what to do with them other than use them for decorating.  The striped gourds I picked, as well as a yellow bumpy goard, and put them in this arrangement:

Along with my dried hydrangeas (from plants that are now DEAD, thanks to a huge-ass barberry bush that took it over and killed it...grrr, I HATE that barberry bush, but my hubs loves it and begs me not to chop it down or cut it up.  Every spring AND fall, I prune that sucker down so much I think, 'surely THAT will kill it!' and then I could say 'oops, hun, I'm sorry, I didn't know it would kill it,' but it never does...it lives on to kill again!).  The large white gourds were grown by my bestie and given to me the other day.  I just LOVE them.  They all make a great center piece for my kitchen table.  This pic was taken before I put the striped gourds in, but you get the idea.










0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...