Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins, perfect to get you in the FALL mood!

We're having a cool spell here, down in the 70s during the day and 50's at night...no air conditioning, just the windows and screen door open, letting in wonderful breeze.  I LOVE it!  So, Sunday I was in an autumn mood, so I decided to make pumpkin muffins.  They're super simple and literally only have 2 ingredients.  While looking in my stockpile, I noticed a box of cinnamon streusel, so I decided to use that instead.

So, all you need is a box of spice cake mix (or cinnamon streusel, like I used), and 1 of the smaller cans of pumpkin puree/filling.  That's it.  No eggs, no flour, nothing else, that's it.  You take you favorite muffin pan (I used a pair of vintage muffie-type pans) and spray them with baking spray.  In a bowl, pour the pkg of cake (or strudel) mix, then scoop the pumkin in on top of it, and mix with a spoonula or wooden spoon, or whatever, until there's no powder from the mix left.  At this point in the process, if you wanted to add chopped nuts or something, you can, and just stir them in (this is totally optional).  Also, you can sprinkle a little more cinnamon and nutmeg in at this time, as well, if you so desire).  Take a heaping tablespoon of the good stuff and plop it into the sprayed muffin pans to where they're only half full (they'll rise a little, not much).  You can put a chunk of nut on top in the center at this stage if you want...sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  Bake at 350 for 15 min or so until firm but not browned on top.  Take out and cool for a bit (or not, totally up to you) and enjoy the pumpkiny fall yummy.  That's it.  Now, wasn't that super duper easy??

The powder on top was the sprinlky crumbles in the streusel kit, but if you're using a spice cake mix,
it won't have that, and you'll see nothing but scrumptious gooey good stuff, lol.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...