Monday, August 2, 2010

Something was rustling in the bush...


Funny, downright hiLARious story that I just GOTTA share w/ya'll... So, the other evening, well, 1 am actually, lol, the hubs was taking the dogs out before we went to bed, and I asked him to take the kitchen compost bucket down to the bin for me. He says, 'ok.' Off they go and when they come back, he doesn't have the bucket with him. I'm like, 'where's the bucket?' He says, 'there was something moving around in that big bush behind the compost bin, so I just sat the bucket on the bench next to it.' at this point, I don't know whether to die in laughter or scream in frustration. The bench is less than 2 feet from the bin, what's the difference between sitting it on the bench or opening the bin and dumping it in? I said, 'What were you afraid it could've been in that bush that was gonna jump out and get ya? If it was MaryBeth, I know it would be a zombie, but you? I have no idea what you could think was gonna jump out of that bush and get you and the compost bucket.' So, I put my shoes on and go down to fetch the bucket and dump it, in the pitch dark, which I do. I know my way straight there and back, no biggee, as I do it every night. I look up and he's on the back deck trying to shine a flashlight down on me and hollering, 'do you hear anything? are you okay? can you see?' (my eyes were rolling...city boys, good grief) I come back in and he's still on the back deck hollering down at me 'cause he couldn't see in the dark that I'd already left the garden area and was back inside the house. Once inside, again I ask what he thought was gonna get him, he says, 'I don't know, I thought it might be a snake.' I said, 'at friggin' 1 am in the middle of the friggin' night? If we were on the water, maybe, but in a bush in the middle of suburbia, no...there's no snake that would've been 'rustling' in the bush to jump out and GET you while dumping your compost bucket.' good grief...I called him a sissy...he agreed, lol...he's such a city boy. See the bush in the pic beyond the fence? that's the bush he thought was housing a horribly demonic snake that was sitting in wait in the middle of the night, ready to attack anyone with the audacity to attempt to dump a compost bucket, lol plus, there's at least 10 bird's nests in that bush...so, was I wrong? was he right to be 'afeared' of the 'rustling' in the big bush? lol or was I right and he should've just dumped the damned bucket? lol let me know what you think

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are mistaken.

Debbie Hewitt said...

mmm hmmm....I know who posted that...lol the 'victim' rofl

meemsnyc said...

Hahaha, that is funny! Your picket fence around your garden looks like ours. :) http://nycgardening.blogspot.com/2010/07/garden-before-and-after.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...