Friday, March 19, 2010

Peonies


I just love peonies. They're so delicate and pretty, lasting only a few weeks once they bloom. The problem with me and peonies is, I can't seem to grow them. I've had no luck whatsoever growing peonies. I've bought yet another peonie rhizome in yet another attempt to get it to grow. I have a friend who's tried and tried and tried to grow lavender, to no avail. Like me with peonies, she's tried everything to get her lavender to grow and yet I seem to be able to grow it just fine. Lavender can be fickle, though, but peonies aren't suppose to be as fickle as they're proving to be with me...grrrrr. The guest on this Martha Stewart Show clip swears that they're super easy to grow...I'd like to know how she justifies this statement...and how does that woman sleep at night knowing full well that there may be someone out there that's having difficulty growing them, lol. North Carolina State University gives instructions on preparing, planting, and caring for peonies...I've done it all, textbook style...still nothing. Wish me luck, because as soon as I get my garden and the garden fence put up, I'm planting this lone peonie at the corner of it...


ahhhhhhh, my garden....I literally can't wait!!! seriously! last year, with help from dear friends, we were able to get the raised beds built (only 4 for now, but that will expand soon), however, it was very wet and stayed that way for months and we weren't able to get our topsoil delivered in time to establish the garden...this year will be different!!! I demand it to be! I was able to buy seven dog-earred picket fence sections at Lowes last week on clearance for only $5 each!!! with a gate installed, that should about be enough to fence the garden in to keep the deer from muncing on it...and then, of course, I will plant lavender along the front side of the fence...mmmmmm, I can just smell the aroma now.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...