Sunday, November 14, 2010

Beautimus mini cupcakes on rosey platter

November is a time in our house where there's LOTS of birthdays, including mine, and both of my kids'.  So Saturday, we had a mini celebration w/some lovely friends and family.  My bestie and I may have had a nip of wine, or two, lol...and we all visited and such, it was a great time.  I baked two 9" layered round cakes that I dirty iced, then final iced and let both kids decorate their own.  They both insisted on black icing, ugh, what a bday cake, lol.  One was yellow w/French vanilla and fresh mango filling, and the 2nd was white cake with lime filling...both were actually pretty good, my own creations, of course, so that was sheer luck, lol.  But a took a quick pic of the mini cupcakes that I made with no filling so that those who didn't want the aforementioned fillings could still have cake.  With limited time, I made a few dowel rod roses, then made the rest with pansy and petal flowers.  The girls put a sprinkle dot in the center of each, then I sprinkled them all with edible 'snow' (sugar flakes, actually), but it made them sparkle like fairy dust...adorable.  I used the platter that I bought a week or so ago and blogged about down below to put them on...don't they just look scrumptious?!  there were, too! yummm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they were delish....the filling on the cakes were mouthwatering. Surprisingly I enjoyed the lime flavored one. It wakened my senses and was like a fragrant spring flower in the middle of the Jan thaw! Loved it! You are so talented!

Debbie Hewitt said...

lol, Miss Carrie, lol...you're such a poet ;)

Unknown said...

Too cute to eat! I can't wait to show my daughter this picture - I got her a mini cupcake maker for christmas. She'll love the edible snow!
-Buffi
My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...