Sunday, August 14, 2016

Life has changed DRASTICALLY over the past couple of years!

I know, it's been a very long time.  I'm sorry for that.  Where should I even begin?!  Here's a start...I saved some money and was able to buy a house.  My very first house.  ALL on my own :)  I'm very proud of this accomplishment.  BUT, alas, I was NOT expecting that being a single homeowner would be so crazy and EXPENSIVE!  I call my house a money pit, but in truth, it's not.  It's just old, and there are a few things that need to be taken care of.  I spent almost $900 fixing plumbing problems last year.  I need a new roof that the previous owners said was only 5 yrs old, that actually turns out to be over 20 years old, so there's 2 lawsuits I have going on.  And now, I've learned the sewer pipes in our backyard have collapsed.  They're 30 feet out and 10 feet down! The cheapest I've found anyone to do it for me is $3000 and that's with the contractor feeling sorry for me, knowing that if it stays that way for long, the City can actually condemn the house for not meeting occupancy code.  SO....they start on it this Wednesday.

My oldest daughter moved out 2 years ago and had my first grandchild, Blake Isaac Ryan, on October 22, 2015.  He's an awesome and adorable little guy!! his giggles and smiles can melt the worst worries of a day away in a second. She also got married.  My youngest is now a Senior in high school, almost has all of her Freshman college credits completed also.....holy cow, where has the time gone?!  My golden retriever is now 10! (I know my followers remember that girl!) her face is very white now, but she still acts like a very anxious and busy puppy, she's still very young at heart.

I still work long hours and put in a lot of overtime for my job as a child abuse and neglect investigator for the State.  It's one of those careers that is a love/hate kind of thing.  We love helping those in need, whether it's a child in turmoil or being abused/neglected, a parent or family that is struggling and just needs a little help, or seeing justice served for the itty bitties.  But we also hate the feelings we feel sometimes, not being able to help when we so desperately want to, laws that keep us from doing so, when we're 'too late,' or when we see and hear some of the horrible things that we do. Love.....Hate!

But....ahhhhhh, to LIVE.....THAT is the adventure!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...